Monday, August 20, 2007

Runnin'

“Hey, wait a sec!”

“Why? It’s just down the block and around the corner we are ALMOST there!”

“I can’t help I am out of shape.”

“You aren’t running in heels like I am.”

“Well, you aren’t carrying a fifty pound boom box on your back.”

“You didn’t have to buy the one that took freakin’ D batteries.”

“My cousin got me the hook up at Best Buy. Plus it’s LOUD! That’s what the people want!”

“The people want a show! The people want to be dazzled! The people want entertainment! The people, this time, happen to be in an old folks home. So, loud music might not be what they want. By the way, isn’t it your Best Buy cousin fault that we don’t have a car?”

They start to jog again. “He told me that he would make it up to us,” he said.

“Sure he will. Just like the time he said he had this primo music hook-up? Or, the time he said he could get us a gig with… Oh crap!” She said.

They round the corner and are blinded by blue lights. The police have already beaten them to the old folks home. Not having a car they arrived to late.

“How many times have I told you? By the time we hear of a crime on the scanner we have to be on the move, not waiting on your cousin to bring us the car!”

“Listen, we should look for clues. Batman would look for clues.”

As she turns and walks down the street they came from, she said, “I bet Batman didn’t let his cousin borrow the Batmobile.”


-P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home