Friday, February 1, 2008

COLD EYES

Burial plots ‘round here go for $1.  I know it seems like nuthin’ at all to yer’ kind.  Bur yer’ buried face down, naked, only about a foot deep.  Injuns’ in these parts call it cursed ground and I tend to agree.  Called themselves the Cold Eyes.  Vicious fuckers.  But most are ‘round here.  Claimed their god, Hotem-Sec, told ‘em to do the savage shit they were known for.  Slaughtered all their woman-folk for the good of the tribe.  All the female babies too.  Not known for much of a lineage, the Cold Eyes.  Hotem-Sec, their buffalo god, told ‘em this would make ‘em stronger.  To a lesser extent, I guess he was right.  They beat down tribes of greater numbers all over this patch ‘a land.  A good run, one might say.  But now, most bodies buried here don’t stay long.  Some say the buffalo god roams this plot some nights, scoopin’ up dead bodies with its horns, takin’ ‘em off to God knows where.  The next life, some say.  Not me though.  Don’t believe in the buffalo god m’self, even though I’m the last of the Cold Eyes that I know of.

 

I’m gonna’ need that dollar in advance.




-SLL

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home