Sunday, September 16, 2007

Simple Simon


    “Oh geez. What the hell did you do that for?” A young man doubled over in the bathroom floor attempts to roll over. He slips, falls, and hits his head on the side of the sink. Blood flows from his nose.  “OH! Dude this isn’t funny.” Why did you put soap all over the floor? I can hear you! What the hell are you doing?”
    He wipes his nose, and blood streaks down his arm. His nose continues to run onto the floor. A grunt and he finally makes it up to the sink on unsteady legs. Both his eyes are bruised. He sees a flash of movement in the next room and he turns and says, “You’re still here! I see you.”
His dripping nose runs down his shirt and onto the floor. He creeps slowly out the bathroom, his blood making a trail of red. He grabs a baseball bat and says, “You got the jump on me earlier. I’m ready for you now.”
The front door opens, and he jolts for the door.
“Simon,” a young woman asks, “what the hell are you doing? You’re bleeding all over the floor!”
“I was playing with your dolls again. You know how they freak me out.”
   

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home