Wednesday, September 12, 2007

(342)

      I can hardly keep my eyes open. And I have the hiccups. Two very minor problems- minor for you, maybe. But I know that if I close my eyes and succumb to sleep, they will get me. As soon as I fall asleep, I’m a dead man.

      The last time I rested, I dreamt that assassins were after me. I awoke with bruises. I don’t think it’s a dream. I don’t think I should sleep.

      I went to the poetry show this evening, and tried to read a few for the crowd, but I couldn’t get my words to work. The crowd cheered when I was done, and I yelled at them.

      “What are you cheering about!?” I yelled. “I haven’t said anything!”

      I’m not normally a suspicious man, but I think this is all bigger than me.

      Across the street, I can hear a woman yelling…”Everything you know is a lie!”

      I recognize her voice, I think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home