Thursday, July 17, 2008

NOBODY PUTS SWAYZE IN A CORNER

                Upon watching it again, some 20 years later, I’m still left with questions: 

Why did Swayze even bother with Baby when Baby’s mom and sister were so bangably hot?

Why is every stupid song in this flick so anachronistic?  Would “She’s Like the Wind” have really sounded like that in the 60’s or whenever the fuck this was supposed to take place? 

Were we really so repressed as a society that kids weren’t allowed to ‘grind’ to their favorite Solomon Burke song?  Yes, they were ‘dirty dancing,’ but they weren’t ‘dirty fucking.’

And why didn’t Orbach just shoot all of those dirty greasers in the face and end that shit?

          I don’t know.  Maybe I’m missing the whole point of the movie (if there ever was one).  I guess I like it better when it was called ‘Grease.’





-SLL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home