Sunday, October 7, 2007

THE DARK TREE

The dark shadow that hides on the underside of a tree. That’s my first memory. The morning sun hits the top side of the tree, every leaf exposed. But what gives me great comfort is the underside that never gets any light. This image is tattooed on my brain. It’s like when someone says the word "tree" and you usually only think of that one tree that stands out in your memory. That’s mine.

I couldn’t even tell you what kind of tree it is either. But is that so important?

The important thing is that no matter what happens in my life, no matter how hopeless or tragic, I’ll find some unknown solace in knowing that I can always come back to that early morning tree in my mind. The one that’s lit from the top with an underside that is always dark. 




-SLL

1 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

i'd ask if your mother was a squirrel but I know better.

Dont you tell her I said that.

Seriously Sam She'll hit me.

October 7, 2007 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home