Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SANTA ATE AT WENDY'S

I’m completely out of ideas.  I can’t believe how short a time it took.  I gave this thing my all.  The bandaged squirrel, the precocious boy lifting the little girl’s dress, the dog flipping the ‘bird,’ the cat putting its paws over its eyes, the little old lady who can’t see over the steering wheel.  I’m spent.  They got all my good ones.  Sure, I have a few to fall back on, but the best ones are gone.  Used up.  The only ones of worth are the holiday card ideas, and I’ll quit this job before I give those up.  I already gave up the snowman one.  It’s genius.  It’s so genius that nobody but me could possibly ingest its brilliance.  Sure, it could be used as a Christmas card, but it works as a birthday card, too.  I guess.

 

Santa split in two, right in front of a table full of reindeer guests with party hats and a huge cake with candles on it.  And in the middle of Santa’s entrails is a newly formed Frosty the Snowman.

 

And to think they wanted me to add a caption.  Such novices.  I just wish I didn’t have to talk down to people.

 



-SLL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home