Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Heaven only knows (301)

“Another day, another tale of another unrequited love.”
“I think the problem is that, possibly, you’re placing too much stock in this idea of love you’ve come up with.”
“Yeah? What do you think love is?”
“A useless emotion that some who we’ve developed over the last million years. Honestly, I’m surprised that evolution hasn’t taken care of the whole useless notion.”
“That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard you say. Sad, angry, and really pitiful. Don’t you- haven’t you ever loved anyone?”
“Of course I have.”
“What happened?”
“What do you think happened? It all worked out. I’m happily married with two beautiful children, and not in fact standing here with you in a trash dump.”
Sigh.
“Don’t sigh at me. You asked, I told you. the love thing didn’t work for me. People told me to stop looking and let it find me. That was a very long time ago. here we are. In a trash dump.
“Well- I…
“What?”
“I said, I love you.”
sigh
“That’s okay. You don’t have to say anything.”
Sigh
“you’re welcome.
“I- love you too, okay? Now shut up about it and shoot him again so we can clock out.”
“Sure thing, pal. You got it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home