Monday, October 8, 2007

Look into my eyes


“I have this thing I do. I love to make eye contact. It’s not even the eye contact that does it. It’s holding eye contact past the point of normal. One of two things happens either they hold your gaze, or they break it. Depending on the sex of the individual these things mean different things.
“Before I go any further I want to clarify a few things. This isn’t staring. Staring is where you are just being a creep. This is much more personal. This gaze, if you will, is looking past the physical appearance of an individual and into their soul. It’s a fine line to walk. A small smile, depending upon the receiver, might ease any creepy vibe given off by the gaze. Looking into a male’s eyes by another male can be a very intimidating if the other male breaks the gaze it’s a sign of weakness. Or, at least that’s how I take it. A male who holds the gaze can be attempting to establish dominance. This is a threatening position for some. I rarely gaze in to another man’s eyes unless I need to know more intimate details about them.
“Now, females are where the fun challenges lie. A lot of same things intimidation and establishing dominance hold true for when interacting with females. The real fun comes when you can catch her looking first. She will attempt to divert her eyes. Just keep looking. She will look back to see if you are looking. Add a slight smile, but keep the gaze going! If she stumbles words, fumbles with her fingers, or fidgets with something you are on the right track. Follow your gut you will know when to break away, but keep looking deep into her eyes every time you talk to her. I can guarantee she will not forget you.”

“Dude, I liked it better before they outlawed busking,” a young man said as he dropped a few bills into the hobo’s cup and walked away.


-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home